Mr. Minh and his family in Yen Minh, Ha Giang
- Mr. Minh (behind, left) is an officer at the Division of Culture and Information, People’s Committee of Yên Minh district, Hà Giang province.
- Minh’s family is living at a mountainous village at Bạch Đích commune, Yên Minh – near the border between Vietnam and China.
- Minh’s family kindly permitted our EOS group to perform experiments in their mud house (not shown here).
- The EOS group had much fun (Củ Cải – Daikon and Sâu Tre) when working and living with Minh’s family. The mud house will be a show case for successful thoron remediation.
- Vietnam’s Hà Giang province is located in the northernmost mountainous region. The time-consuming travel between Hà Giang and Hanoi prevents our group from performing frequent measurements in inhabited mud houses. In October 2017, Mr. Minh’s family and friends from a village in Hà Giang province helped the EOS group transporting local mud to Hanoi, and then used traditional mud-house construction techniques to build a small mud house in a Hanoi suburb. The full-size mud house is being used for assessment of various remediation strategies.
- Minh got married to an EOS member, Nguyệt, at the end of 2017
Geosciences are improving the lives of people in Vietnam